Friday, January 04, 2008

ZIP Component progress

I have started working on the zip component which just like the XML component, mounts a file stream and creates child objects that allow to access the uncompressed file data easily once mounted. I am trying to support basic zip files (no encryption or other fancy features) so that it will work with my XML+bitmap font design.

So far, I have already find the information I need for understanding the zip format and I am now writing the routine that understands the zip format. So far, its straightforward but since this is my first time writing a zip extractor, it should take me some time.

Of course because its object oriented, I can do things like mounting an XML inside a zip file which should be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get an error when running. I don't know if this is enough info.


from this stack frame:
CoreObjectMove(void * Folder=0x009d0004, void * Object=0xcccccccc) Line 311 + 0x9 bytes

I get these errors:
First-chance exception at 0x00412cae in Screens.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xccccccc8.
Unhandled exception at 0x00412cae in Screens.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xccccccc8.

And a question. should I post errors here, or on sourceforge.

Zakai Hamilton said...

First of all thanks for trying and I am glad that it compiles.

I can see you are running it in debug mode and the problem is that CoreObjectMove is recieving an uninitialized variable for the second parameter (hence the 0xcccccccc value).

Did you modify the test.c file, if so please send it to me and I will find the problem for you.

And yes, its fine to post the problems here ;)