Friday, January 04, 2008

Answers

Q. About how what is the maximum size of the read only cache?

A. The maximum size is the maximum that the allocation function allows (platform dependent). Because of its temporary nature, it just does a big allocation and if it fails, it returns NULL that it cannot give a read-only cache. The read-only cache is destroyed when you close the object.

Q. Also How do I compile the SVN files? do I compile them as a dll or exe?

A. Currently it compiles in visual studio 2005/2008 (but I am sure it would be GCC compatible - if not let me know). I use Visual Studio 2008 express edition which is free from Microsoft.

Create a new empty console exe application, add all the files to the project and compile away. I designed it to be very simple to compile and I hope you will agree with me. No macros, no setup... just the default settings should do fine. The flags that visual studio adds by default are:

WIN32;NDEBUG;_CONSOLE

If you have any issues compiling or find any bugs please tell me.

No comments: