Friday, January 25, 2008

Trying to draw (SVN 0.41)

I have written most of the drawing code (still have the blitting function to implement) however while it compiles, I am sure it won't run and will need alot of debugging to get it working but I do know that the structure is mostly there. I did alot of copying from a previous project I had worked on a few years ago so I still have alot of work to comment the display code.

At least I know that the bulk of the code is platform independent and has been checked, so once I get something drawn on-screen I know I will be seeing the exact same thing you saw in the alpha demo app that ran on windows.

I am actually very happy that the code is becoming mature but I am still worried about how the performance will be on PalmOS. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

I still have the FSDisk component to port which maps to the VFS functions which I have never used before which will probably take me some time to port.

I will try and continue improving platform independent code at the same time so that I don't get stuck too long in the PalmOS port. I still have alot yet to write.

No comments: