Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cooperative threading works (SVN 0.37)

It works even in release mode! It uses a simple setjmp/longjmp implementation which I will try to make even smaller. It uses stack copying and hope to make it with enough comments for future help to developers. It took me quite a while to get it working and there was not much information on how to use setjmp/longjmp in this design.

Note that the only dependencies of the CoreThread component will be the CoreMemory component which has no dependencies itself so you can always just use the thread code in your project since its public domain.

I would like to thank the users that have been testing the versions of Screens including those that helped me with the fonts. It really helps me the support, every word counts.

No comments: