Sunday, January 06, 2008

ZIP component going forward

OK, it is harder than I thought it would be and it looks like it will take some more time just to support the basic deflate compression method in a zip file. But all this information is a learning experience for me which is nice.

Currently I know the number of files in a zip file but I still cannot seem to know their file name. Oh well, I will probably find it out soon. Once I know their names, I will start working on the deflate decompression function which I have no idea about at all so it will probably take trial & error.

If I succeed, then Screens will support zip files for anything and not just for the font files. I am currently supporting very basic I/O with the file name in both the disk and zip files. I am sure I will add more information in the future such as attributes and date/time stuff.

No comments: