Friday, December 29, 2006

Update - Speed Speed Speed

What a week... While working on the graphics component I checked how long does a message take to be executed. Well... I was in horror when I found out it was taking over 200 milliseconds per message. That means about 5 messages a second which is terrible. So I thought that I would either have to redesign the graphics component to use less messages or to improve the speed of messages. Well... it now takes about 7-8 seconds to create 1000 objects which is realy fast! While this performance test was on my PC (2.4 GHZ) and did not test this on my Lifedrive, I do expect the same kind of performance improvement. I improved the speed by caching objects that were constantly used in message communication. Things are going very well as you can see... The kernel is realy going well and the graphics component design has just been started. Thank you all for your help!

1 comment:

Jacob said...

The cache should not be static so that if a new program uses different objects a lot, those are in cache more then the others.