Saturday, December 16, 2006

Update - The PalmOS port is nearly working

I have finished the PalmOS port apart from one problem. The PalmOS File API's dont have a resize function. I can implement it by writing the extra bytes however it would be preferable if there was a standard file resize function. Oh well... I have uploaded v0.25 to SVN and will post something here when I finish writing the resize function. I still have the property API left but that's about it. I will make a simple app to prove that it works just like the Win32 version does. In fact, I might make the Safire application be a command line interface. This way I can make the code multi-platform. Note that I only ship in SVN the code itself and not the project itself to avoid compiler specific issues. You can however take my zip files which include the projects and the executables. For PalmOS I will just use a simple text entry for input and print out directly onto the screen. This will allow to ease the input code required for me to implement this. We are so close... so close...

No comments: