Sunday, December 03, 2006

Update: Moving Along

I did some major cleanup today where I removed the Message & Channel component and made a simpler design called the Stack component. The reason for this is that I wanted the interface (that developers copy to call functions in the kernel) to be shared with the kernel itself to reduce duplicated code. Currently I have made the framework for the interface to be three files: Kernel.h, Kernel.c and Kernel_Win32.c This makes things very easy, much more easier than including a library into a project. You just copy the files into your project, include the Kernel.h where ever you want and call the API functions. I will be working on making a test module so that I can check the kernel interface works. I wont be uploading the source changes untill I can confirm that the mecanism works. We are really close then ever before, once I confirm that it works, I make the remaining API wrappers and we are done for the first release. The first release does NOT do multi-tasking but is the basic object storage and inter-process communication. The next step after releasing the kernel is to do the multi-tasking stuff or the graphics depending what is needed at the time. About the Stack component... Its basicly a temporary file used by all modules to transfer parameters from one module to another. You basicly push or pop parameters on one side and push or pop the parameters from the other side. Currently there is no protection in the case of non equal pop and push calls but I do plan to add that in the future.

No comments: