Monday, December 11, 2006

Update - Bug Fixing

Hi, I did not get as much as I expected done yesterday. I do more of a cleanup and bug fixing then adding the remainder of the API. I have about 5 API functions left. I made it that you dont have to run Xec before running Safire by implementing basic version support. Everytime you run a new version of Xec, it detects this and re-registers its interface. This will stop the memory crashes that happen when running a new version of Xec on an old database. I also did some cleanup of the macros to deal with stack. Note that modules do not use interfaces but rather use methods. I will be adding some helper functions to deal with object based methods and module based methods. The kernel is released when I finish porting to PalmOS. I have not started yet, but I plan to do some very shortly. I can see a version being released before the end of the year. What does it involve porting? The stack will use feature memory and the store will use the PalmOS File API. The memory component just needs to use the PalmOS style functions for memory like MemPtrNew instead of malloc. The globals in the stack and store will be done using feature memory.

No comments: