Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Update - PalmOS Xec Code Updated

Hi, I just finished writing the updated kernel platform dependent code for PalmOS. Although I have not tested it and will not test it untill I finish porting the Safire platform dependent code, the kernel code does compile. Just remember if you are using PODS to add the Interface folder in the includes header list and the KERNEL_MODULE define if you are compiling the kernel. I have worked on Safire as well and now the layers can be saved and restored as you can see from the demo below: http://www.geocities.com/zhamilton1/SafireAlphaTest2.zip The same instructions as before, run Safire.exe with Xec.exe in the same folder. When you drag the mouse, one of the windows will move around. Close the application and restart it and the window will be in the exact location as before. Its not remembering just the window location but also how its drawn. It allows me to make starting/closing Screens to be very fast since no 'saving' of state is needed. Thats what the object persistance is for. The Safire API now works nicely. I know the speed is not something but I do have some ideas how to improve it in the future for the windows platform but currently platform dependent optimizations are not at the head of my list. Let it work first slow and then optimize it.

No comments: