Sunday, January 01, 2006

The year of Screens Environment

Hi Everyone, Happy new year! This is going to be the year of Screens. I have the alpha coming out in febuary (probably at the end of febuary) and I have great plans for this year. First of all, know that I have been coding more than ever. I decided to rewrite the entire object storage to not only make it much more simpler but to go by the KISS rule (thanks to the MSN users). But dont worry, its been mostly coded already and uploaded. You can find nearly all of it here at: http://www.geocities.com/zhamilton1/Saturn.zip So what do I have left for the object storage? Two more components that I should finish tonight: SaturnProperty and SaturnTypes. It basicly allows to specify properties to objects. I am very happy with the current implementation. While the object storage will be updated before the 1.0 release, it wont be touched untill the first alpha. So, I have about two months left... So I will be now concentrating on getting the UI stuff going. I have had alot of experience building my layering engine for NDS and now its time to put that magic to Screens Environment. So I will be focusing my this month on the UI stuff like windows and controls. Note that I am not going to be implementing the Sony API's yet but hopefully will do so for the 1.0 release. Also I will only be supporting 320x320 resolution for the alphas. The 1.0 release will have multi-resolution support such as 160x160 or 320x480 with rotation. The first alpha as I said before will include the basic desktop with the widget bar and a few widgets. If I have time, I might add some more features, but this is the basic stuff if time is short. While everything is currently coded directly into the kernel, I will support 3rd party modules in the beta cycle. This is the year you have been waiting for... 2006

No comments: