Friday, January 27, 2006

I am not going to make it

Hi Guys, To tell you the truth, I don't see myself being able to code the alpha by the end of febuary. I am still getting stuck on the object storage. For other OS's the bootstrap might be what kills the project... for Screens... it feels like its going to be the object storage. I have all these ideas in my mind, and I just can't seem to close in on this object storage. I also don't see to have much time lately because of my job advancement. I tried coding on my handheld but my fingers ache. The life-drive might help in that department since it has a larger display space but I doubt it. I have all the designs in place but its the little things that are driving me insane. I realy dont know what to do and unless I get some real help in management, I dont see Screens going through. Yep... that's what I need... A manager for Screens. Over the years I have tried to find a partner for Screens... or someone who could deal with the marketing and 'deal' with me in the sense of planning and those little decisions. And I still haven't found one. I am a bit isolated in the sense that no one around me are geeks. I think I am about the only real geek in my entire area. I need someone to join the team... and no... there is no money involved... Screens is public domain so there is no money made here... It's just one of those "I wish for A and no one will make A, so let me try". Anyone interested for giving my some guidlines and education? anyone? Bill gates has Steve Balmer... I need a Steve Balmer on my 'team'. Anyone interested?

1 comment:

javispedro said...

Hi. Follow the General Open Source Project guidelines:

Release a beta that's not even feature complete whenever you have the first chance.

Set up a little "project status" page.

Screenshots. Mailing List. Forum. Those all help, but you first need something to take screenshots to...
If I knew some more about Palm C programming I would gladly help... but I'm still not sure about what your project is. It's a strange feeling. Sorry.