Friday, December 02, 2005

Update - KernelObject nearly coded

Hi Guys, Summary: KernelObject nearly coded. Ive got it going on... ;) Description: I spent a few hours last night and this morning and was able to code nearly all of the KernelObject apart from 5 functions (the hard ones: New,Free,Link,Move and Copy). For the hard ones I will actually write a step by step comments (all other code has no comments since they are not complex enough). I dont normally go for comments, but in these cases, I think they are needed. Hopefully they wont be as hard as I feel they are, maybe its just because I failed all the other 17+ times I tried to get those functions coded. Hopefully this will be the one time that doesn't happen. I also made some changes to the header file as well and to alot of the previous components. Before hand I had 0xFFFFFFFF as an invalid index. However it doesn't work out very well so I decided that indexes would start from 1 and therefore 0 is an invalid index. OK, Here you go for those following the blog entries: http://www.geocities.com/zhamilton1/Saturn.zip This is the entire source code currently written with the project file and everything. I use PODS so if you have PalmOS Developer Studio (can be downloaded for free from the PalmSource web site) you can open the project file. First of all please dont be angry if you feel its only a bit of code. You will see as time goes by how much the code grows... when I get down to it... I code quite fast I think. Most of the functions are very straightforward so I didn't write notes. The function names are self explainatory. Note that there isn't error checking in all places. The reason for this is that if a function fails because lets say the handle is empty, all subsequent functions will fail as well without bad pointer issues which is nice untill one will do a check and return. Enjoy and have a nice weekend, Zakai Hamilton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping that you really code quickly ;-). Good luck with the project, it would be really a breakthrough in the history of Palm.