Thursday, December 01, 2005

Update - Going to code KernelObject

Hi Guys, Summary: Going to code the object storage and then the drawing code to display lines, shapes, colors and text on-screen. Description: I am there again and this time I am going to make it. I have everything in place for coding the object storage once and for all. I should finish it by the end of next week and start coding KernelDraw which is the first component that not only uses the object storage but displays lines, text, rectangles, fills and so on. This is when I will finally able to run the application and deal with run-time bugs. I will probably enjoy the moment and do some performance tests on the blitting code which I might display some screenshots if I can do anything interesting like maybe a window or mockup. Note that I already have in mind how Screens Environment will look like. It will have a widget bar on the bottom of the display holding horizontal widgets. If you tap on an empty widget location, the 'add widget' dialog is displayed where you can drag widgets on and off the widget bar. This is only one of the elements which I think will not only make Screens Environment unique but usable. This feature will be available already in the first alpha. The alpha should be released around febuary but only to MSN users. I did promise this that only users that subscribed to my user list will get the alpha versions. You can add yourself via my MSN Messenger handle: zhamilton1@yahoo.co.uk Note that the release will be sent my email, so you dont have to be online to get the version. Betas will already be posted on the blog but alphas will remain in the MSN user list, so join now if it interests you. Alphas define the structure on how Screens Environment is built and its building blocks. Betas define the default skin look, animations, fine tune of the UI and other visual things. Screens Environment applications also get written throughout the beta stage. Good night, Zakai Hamilton

No comments: