Sunday, December 30, 2007

Update

Uploaded another collection of fixes to SVN that make the stream support actually usable (it was written but not tested before hand).

I have decided to postpone the persistence loading and saving of objects to a later date and I am focusing on the more visual elements of Screens. I am currently working on bitmap loading and I am very close to displaying 24bit bitmaps on-screen. What's nice is that because the disk file system that is mounted is abstract, I can make the bitmap loading code totally platform independent.

To handle the alignment issues, I developed a few macros to handle the formatting of a stream of bytes to structures and it works very nicely.

One of my problems with the persistence model is the byte endian issue and I am still thinking of a solution of how to handle this effectively.

Once I can display bitmaps on-screen, I will start working on the UIText & UIFont components to display text on-screen. I will be using a bitmap font at first,  but since its object oriented, it can be easily replaced with a different font engine in the future.

So far coding is going well...

No comments: