Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Update

First of all, Screens is not a direct competitor for Saguaro... while they seem to improve PalmOS capabilties they do so in two different approaches. Saguaro is more graphical & faster while Screens is more flexible but slower. Screens is very technical at the moment untill I get Safire up and running and then you will start to see the power of Screens shine. Untill then, technical points are going to be the highlight of the blog. I can't wait to get to the GUI but I dont want to rush it nor to do I want to take forever. You have no idea how many times I have to convince myself to not rewrite Screens but rather fix the existing code. I have rewritten Screens to many times and its about time that a version lasts more than a year. I am doing some fine-tuning in the kernel before writing Safire so I can better design the Safire component. I already have the basic design which is about how shapes become pixels on-screen. Things are going well... About the demoing... once I can give a demo to show on your devices, I will release the code in a compilable project including the final executable so you wont have to compile Screens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation. Really looking forward to an app I can run and see your work for real at last.