Friday, April 29, 2005

Update - The train is moving

I finished coding the following components which means nothing to most: CoreObject, CoreMember, CoreFolder, CoreProperty, CoreRectangle, CorePoint and CoreNumber Next week I hope to finish: CoreDate, CoreTime, CoreString, UILayer, UILine, UIRectangle, UIPixel and UIColor While this does not mean much to programmers and users let me explain what this means when I finish those components next week. I will be able to put the code in some prc and give it out you all so you can see that I am definently working on something. I'll probably do some kind of animation with the layers so any simple animation ideas are welcome (that use line, rectangle, pixel combinations). The Layering engine uses one single off-screen buffer where it paints the contents of the layer clipped to the buffer and then copies the buffer to the display. Note that it does not refresh the entire display each time, rather only a clipped area which needs to be updated (called the update region). Becauses it paints layers contents one on top of each other you get natural transparency without using transparency colors. Any area not used by a layer is transparent.

No comments: