Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Update

Finished coding all functions in the PrivateData component apart from Resize and Align which while are not needed at the moment will be coded after CoreItem is coded (because CoreArray uses it). I have added a new feature to the CoreItem design which are called Temporary Items. The difference between a temporary item and a normal item is that once a normal item is removed, its handle now points to an empty item and the handle will never be used by another item. Temporary items once they are removed can have thier handle be used by another allocation. If you create a temporary item, you must make sure that the handle is not used or stored once its removed otherwise you might point to another item by mistake. Temporary items are used for either tightly controlled items (like the file item of an object) or quick/temporary uses. So I have CoreItem to code now which is going to probably take quite a while. Its a complex component but provides great uses once its finished. Then we have CoreArray which basicly takes an item and allows to store an array of structures together one after each other but unlike C/C++ arrays, the array is dynamic. I really feel the progress coming forward. I dont see myself recoding what I have coded so far, so I see this as the final code (not demo code).

No comments: