Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A bit of blogging

I bought myself a game two days ago for about 10$ (50 NIS in Israel) called 'Beyond Good & Evil'. And its been my latest thing from stopping me from focusing on Screens. Its so addictive that I spent playing it between 6PM-2AM last night without noticing the time fly by. I have decided not to by any more games untill Saturn is released. About a release date... I realy cant say now... I will have more of a release date once I finish the core. So what is left currently in the core? PrivateData - should of written it yesterday... see above why I didn't but I should code it today. CoreItem - Will code it next week and test it. Its a little complex but I should be able to do it. CoreObject - This is where the fun begins since there is no more calculations but rather just structures and item allocations. CoreFile - This deals with the 'stream' part of an object. You can read/write, resize and so on. CoreNumber - This is a subset of CoreFile CoreString - This is also a subset of CoreFile CoreLink - This deals with the relationships of an object. CoreFolder - This is a subset of CoreLink CoreProperty - This is also a subset of CoreLink CoreModule - This deals with module objects (like Applications and DLL's) which either hold code or point to code. CoreMethod - This is also a subset of CoreLink CoreTask - This deals with the task objects (like threads/proccesses) CoreMessage - This deals with the queue that each task has That is the Core. Most of the subsets are quite simple such as CoreString and CoreFolder. I will explain more on the components as I code them.

No comments: