Monday, March 10, 2008

Update

1. No Worries Don't worry... This is nothing to do with the state of PalmOS or Screens. I don't want to say anything just in case something does not happen as planned but I will not be very active on Screens in the next few weeks for some family prime-time. 2. Technical improvements I have uploaded the latest code for the shell bar and while it does not display anything at the moment on the bar (apart from an empty gray slice), the code is ready for loading the menu items from the xml but I still need to write a bit of code for displaying them in the menu list which is not very much code at all thanks to the UIList component which does most of the work for me. I can't wait to show you all an early demo of the slider which while it won't look up to snuff, it should be enough to rub your imaginations of what it could be in the future. 3. Platform status PalmOS is not in the best of shape at the moment and at the looks of things windows mobile is a little stale as well. Apple's iPhone seems to be the new kid on the block and hopefully won't suffer the same slowdown in a few years as PalmOS and Windows Mobile have suffered. I just bought an iPod Touch... Not for Screens but for personal productivity. I will keep my LifeDrive around for Screens development. I am not changing development sides but I need a device that won't crash all the time and the iPod Touch seems to cover that need. 4. Hope for the future Screens is still alive and kicking better than ever before and I hope you agree with me after the last few months of great activity. I am amazed how suddenly everything has been going great for Screens, how I am able to get so much done after so many years for absolute nothing. Thanks for keeping an eye on this blog, I hope the blog gets more interesting as time goes by as I pile the features on and getting Screens ready for the 1.0 release. Hopefully it will be this year but looking at my record, don't take my word for it.

6 comments:

Samuel P said...

Hey nice choice! I just got myself one, and found it mostly everything I had ever wanted my palm for. Not being able to sync notes is a killer though.

As for screens, i'll still be watching what ever you get round to do (I have a TT3) with even more interest now that saguaro is gone.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your iPod. hopes it serves you well. also I hope you enjoy your freer time. Also, you never got this far at this speed, so I'll take your word for it!

BTW: what things will be on the Slider?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this looks great. But you need a better UI! LOL

Anonymous said...

BTW: What kinds of things will the Slider have on it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Just an idea. Why not create a Wikipedia article about Screens?