Friday, February 01, 2008

Video on LifeDrive (SVN 0.54d)

Here is a video of Screens running on my PalmOS LifeDrive:

You can see that it is very slow and its because I am doing blitting without ARM code which seems to be the way I need to go if I want Screens to have more than 1 frame per second. I hoped I would not need to go in the ARM direction but I guess I have not much of a choice at the moment.

Screens still crashes on exit but what's strange is that it is after my application dies which is weird. What's even more weird is that if I don't let it go through the VFS stuff (no bitmaps/fonts/XML usage) then it exits fine, must find a way to debug that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about standard palm bitmaps? how fast are they?

Anonymous said...

i don't get the text and all, just blank windows