Friday, February 15, 2008

Hard to connect the dots

Screens is not doomed yet, however I am working on a very non UI issue which is the package/module interconnection. I have no problem loading a module. The problem is linking between the API calls which I am doing in a mostly platform independent layer which makes it hard to get it working but once its working, it will be easy for me to write new modules and connect the modules together.

I also need to make some changes in the UI component that it cannot use globals. The new file structure is stored per package with a consistent folder hierarchy. Its going to look like not much is happening but the truth is once I finish this major part of Screens, I can go straight to more exciting UI stuff. This is where I wish I had developers working for me but I guess if I want it to be perfect (my way) then I need to do it myself.

Please bare with me, I am working as hard as I can to get this module stuff finished as clean and fast as possible. I want to get the alpha demo done much more than all of you put together.

No comments: