Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It works! (SVN 0.64)

I don't believe it! http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/notes/sx4aa.html

It turns out that PalmOS is pre-ANSI C compiler which means that it does not know how to always initialize local arrays correctly. It took me a long time to figure this out (thank you www.live.com)

OK, So let me tell you what all this work meant...

It means that Screens can support modules in a very easy way. Currently I am running Screens with three modules:

Windows:

core.exe, ui.dll and fs.dll

PalmOS:

core.prc, ui.prc, fs.prc

I did not believe I would get to this point so quick! Three months of hard work and suddenly everything is moving easily along.

Using the make_api utility I am able to easily create function wrappers for all my functions that I want to export for other modules to call. The nice thing about the wrappers is that they look exactly like normal functions and are called like normal functions. I do have alot of optimizations to do and I still don't know how slow this will affect the performance on my LifeDrive.

No comments: