Sunday, February 03, 2008

Fast enough! (SVN 0.57)

Here is the latest version of Screens running on my LifeDrive without crashing and with a good enough frame rate.

I decided that I would try optimizing my code first and only if all efforts fail go towards ARM. Well, It looks to me like its fast enough at the moment to continue on this path without ARM. First of all, this is the 'release' (not 'debug') compilation which improves the frame rate. Also the bitmap component allows for platform specific storage so in PalmOS I just store the bitmaps as normal PalmOS bitmaps. The only thing which is custom blitted is the fonts which is probably what is slowing it down.

If you want to run the full demo on your handheld, just send me an email to zhamilton1@yahoo.co.uk and I will send you a zip file containing all the files you need to put in \Xec folder in your internal/external storage card.

I am amazed how far I have come in such a short time span. Five years of research and suddenly I am cranking out releases on a nearly daily release. I guess innovative projects require time and patience.

So far... So Good...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Its nice to know my device still has a chance!