Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Safire begins

Finally, I have started coding the Safire module. I will be currently be writing it for the win32 platform and then port it to PalmOS since it allows me to debug and write the code quicker (VC++ is much faster than Eclipse). Most of the code is platform independent so this should not be a problem especially when windows is more complex. The framework is already coded and an empty window is displayed. I am now working on the display component which deals with the back buffer for the window that layers are drawn on and then copied to the window. Progress should be quick in the next few weeks when I finally get some drawing elements inside the system. Once I can demo the layering capabilities, I will upload the source to SourceForge and the demo executable. Once the layering is done (I have written layering components before so this should not be a hard job) I can start working on the child windows and input device components. The future is bright as safire :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that Safire is becoming a reality. I'm really looking forward to it.