Monday, June 27, 2005

Update - Great progress

After nights of bug finding, I finally solved the bugs in CoreQuery and it now works. I have also finished coding CoreData. This means I now have the object storage components working and I can allocate and manipulate data objects. Next components to code: CoreMeta - Deals with meta-data of data CoreType - Deals with types (like classes) and syncronization with instances CoreFolder - Provides a generic folder object type CoreFile - Provides a generic file object type CoreProperty - Provides a way to handle properties of an object (meta data) I should finish all these by the end of the week... wish me luck! So far, I am on schedule for the demo. If I see myself late on schedule, I have devised which components will get cut for the demo and which wont. So the original plan is to get all the original components to be in the demo, but if time is short, the demo will use quick implementations to get the demo out of the door a bit like the first Screens version. The demo depending on progress will hopefully look like the UI I have planned for Screens. You will see a few new ideas that have not been implemented in an OS before like my icon slider and multi-mode button. Hopefully I can get those visual effects working as well for the demo but that is pushing it. The demo will use a 320x320 resolution with 16bit color. It wont support HiRes+ because I think the energy should be spent on the insides of the demo and not its resolution capabilities (but it will support landscape/portrait). We will see how time works for me.

No comments: