Sunday, June 12, 2005

my 1src chat summary

This morning was an exellent chat... I learnt alot from the users... basicly everyone wants Screens out already (so do I) and most think that PalmOS and PalmSource just are not exiting anymore. So... what I am going to do about it? Well... I am going to put a bit more effort in finishing this kernel since thats the hard part of this entire project. So what can users help me with? Chat, Chat, Chat with me through my MSN user, through comments on the posts here... any questions technical or practical are helpfull. So what can developers help me with? There are many features that I wont be coding for Screens but someone else can code like the bluetooth driver, the network driver, the IR driver, the alpha blending driver and so on. When I finish the kernel and create my web-site I will post the API headers which all any developer needs to do is code the internals of the modules. He doesnt even need to send me the code, just the prc module. There will be many device specific features like the Sony Hi-Res which I wont be coding for either but any developer can create a module for. Thats the whole idea of Screens, its a community of developers and users which make small contributions via modules without exposing thier work. So let me just refresh to you that Screens will work on a Palm III and anything above it. The device specific features are implemented via add-on modules so for example sound is implemented through a sound driver for OS5 devices. I realy feel that the kernel will be out by the end of the year. I am further in code than I was ever before, so I think of that a sign that I am into the good object storage now. I should finish CoreItem any moment now and then go on to CoreObject. Note that all these components are already tested, so there are no suprises there.

No comments: