Thursday, December 30, 2004

Update - Internals

OK... so alot has happened... I have fixed alot of my 'year and more old' problems and found solutions for them from how to do inheritence (fixed today), How I deal with UIDs and even my syntax for the API has been improved to be more object oriented. I have made it that objects can be created without specifying where they are stored, instead they can be attached later on. UIWindowInfo MyWindowProperties; MyWindowProperties.Name = UID_MyWindow; MyWindowProperties.Title = CoreStringNew("My Title"); MyWindowProperties.Region = CoreRectangleNew(0, 0, 100, 80); MyWindowProperties.Align = AlignCenter; UIWindow MyWindow = UIWindowNew(MyWindowProperties); I will continue to refine it as much as I can but its much better from my existing syntax design. Simple types can be defined with parameters (CoreStringNew) while complex types are defined by structures (UIButtonNew). UIDs are declared by the following: #define UID_Name UIDPack(Company, Application, Module, Name) Where the Company is a number registered at my future web-site, application is unique per company and module is unique per application, and name is unique per module. I solved how to store inheritence with a combination of static and dynamic lookup. Its quite a good solution which I might post about another time. I need more help to get this project of the ground... if any of you want this project to be out quicker... please post questions or comments via email, posts or MSN Messenger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zakai,

I have read your blogs. I've also been around for a long time. I've seen this 'project' of yours has now gone on for well over 2 years with still no 'workable demo'.

It is the perception of many, who have made attempts at supporting you, you are being dishonest with the public.

When developing an application such as you claim to be doing, there are several things one does.

1> Plan
2> Build
3> Run

I've seen this in the Plan/Build for more than 2 years now. It started on ClieSource, then moved to 1src, without posts having been updated in over 6 months you now seem to post here. This is crazy. One cannot believe you are actually doing anything with this in reality. Occasionally you post some 'code' to give an illusion you are actually doing something, however nobody has seen anything that would actually function.

I've done a lot of programming in my past. One thing, when deciding how viable an application might be is to do what is called a 'proof-of-concept'. Create a workable or demo type of prototype that can perform some various functions just to prove you can do what you expect to do.

There has been virtually absolutely noting produced by you to the public with the exception of some MS-Paint prints of what you might 'envision' this to be.

You, in my opinion are being very dishonest with the public in what you are doing. IF, and I mean a huge IF you are actually doing some programming for the Palm with this 'screens' or Screen-os by the time you release it PalmOS 10.x will be out and available.

Why are you keeping this going? Is your goal to see how long you can string people along?

Your last line says it all: "I need more help to get this project of the ground". That is where this project has been all along. It has been 'conceptual' at best. Nothing has been done with this and there are no Alphas for anyone to use. No Betas. No Proof Of Concept(POC). No nothing. just lots of posts about nothing. Be honest for once to the public and let all know you haven't done anything with Screens/ScreenOS. and that it is all 'hype'.

Anonymous said...

Not actually true. He did post some proof-of-concept a while ago in black and white.