Sunday, December 19, 2004

Update - So what's cooking?

Hi Everyone, I have fixed another huge issue I had with the object storage which is 'virtual objects'. I have made objects to be able to mount and unmount without loosing links and relationships between objects. This is a great change since it means I am one step further solving all the quirks with my object storage. The object storage is the 'core' of Screens, so it has to be flawless (not in functionality but in reliability) for Screens to be built. It is the biggest building block in Screens and is the base of any functionality I have in Screens. Screens is moving... yep it is still going... I have already decided what Screens 1.0 will include which is basicly launcher capabilties and db/file manager capabilities. Screens 1.0 is basicly a 'launcher' and will be marketed as such. It is designed to be a technology preview. As time goes on I will add extra apps such as calculator, contacts, diary, paint and so on and wrap them into one package for 2.0 That is the basic plan, since I want to release Screens as soon as possible in some 'stable' state... taking the launcher route allows it to be a stable launcher and still be released early... how early? No Idea... I'll give you a 'real' destination date once the core is coded, that is basicly whats holding this project back = The Object Storage

No comments: