Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Mockups

I constantly get requests to create mockups. The problem with this is that I dont have the right tools to do them (I used MSPaint on ALL of the mockups and I dont like GIMP) but the more main reason is because the mockups would not reflect any 'real' part of Screens. So when will we see mockups? When the layers component is coded I can create mockups. Why? Because the layers component reflects the graphics capabilities so any mockup I create through the layer component is doable later on. So instead of creating effects I dont know I can support, using the layers component becomes a semi-screenshot. Also the vectoring allows me to produce multiple resolutions of the same mockup. How long is left? I have a schedule but just as all my schedules it is built on a 'everything works' schedule so I prefer not to disclose it at the moment but I am working very hard (every day) to get there as soon as possible. The layers component is just after the core component so the core basicly is the 'sign' that Screens Environment is doable. Patience... if you want to help chat with me via MSN when you can... I am pushing myself as hard as I can without breaking my back.

No comments: