Monday, April 05, 2010

Moving forward

As you can see from my twitter updates, things are moving forward. I am slowly but surely moving up the component chain.

The only nagging issue at the moment is that components can be attached freely to objects however when I depend on multiple components, the interface does not specify what components are public. For example: UIWindow uses CoreItem to manage the window hierarchy but how would I specify this in the interface? At the moment I am just adding a ‘using x’ doxygen comment in the component type definition. Not a big issue at the moment but noticed.

The advantage of using components is already making its way and improves with every set of components I add since they can depend on each other for functionality. Its like classes but the relationships are not pre-defined but rather by their use. If component A uses component B only then is it dependent on component B.

I am now on the window related components trying to get back to the original demo state where I first had moving windows without text (I am using 2D OpenGL for this incarnation of Screens). The UI will hopefully be more functional this time.

I hope I keep up this development pace.

3 comments:

Alphasmart User said...

It seems things are moving along here pretty smoothly! Awesome work!

I am looking forward to hearing what display paging is... it sounds interesting...

May you have the best of luck.

Alphasmart User said...

Hi. I'm just checking up... Has there been any news or anything lately?

Just curious.68

Alphasmart User said...

Has anything new been up with Screens lately?