Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Update

Oh well, NDS wont allow me to post screenshots at the moment... I guess I'll have to wait a while to show you what I have been working on. If any of you were at the IBC 2005 at Amsterdam, tell me if you saw the mobile application working on the iMate or Dell Axim. I have been doing alot of code design and writing lately, messing around with the object store. Hopefully I can get the object store finally working in code. Its design is smaller and simpler than ever but also faster. I learnt alot being around NDS Employees including alot of C++ code experience. Writing the layer design into the NDS MobileEPG was very good for Screens, since it allowed me to prove to myself that I am able to do this Screens Environment project. I also learnt the problems with my design, so I wont have those issues in Screens Environment. I guess my blog is kind of an island at the moment, however, maybe in the close future, users will flock to my blog and read this post ;) I am currently coding the Item class which is the Object class without the method capabilities. I hope to finish the Item class by the end of this week. The hardest part of Screens Environment is to agree on things. Any time I have multiple paths to choose, I start scratching my head of where to go. I used to talk alot via MSN Messanger however once users lost interest, that sort of lost its use. Oh well... Alone again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you think you are working in isolation. However, I often check your blog for updates. I can't say that I understand the detail, but the concepts do make a great deal of sense.