Friday, September 28, 2007

Update

I know of the disappointment... so... I spent all last night and this morning coding like crazy and finally I can actually display movable layers and draw fills and frames on them. The window class is nearly complete. I need to finish the drawing of the title and the window borders. Note that the font engine is not implemented, so I wont be seeing any text displayed any time soon but I will get the UI up and going in every other sense. All the code is done on windows, however there are a very few key files that need to be rewritten for the entire code to work on PalmOS. Most of the logic is platform independent so I know that the way it looks on my computer, it will look on my handheld. The drawing model is simple. I first send an 'update' message to all elements which they draw themselves onto thier layers and then I send a 'draw' message which layers respond to which they draw themselves on the display. I know its not much, but its the best I can do so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Keep up the good work!